Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Porous Boarders

I haven’t ranted in a bit so I'm going to go with an old standby: Immigration.

It's not that I'm against immigration or immigrants in particular. My mom is Filipino and thus an immigrant herself. I firmly believe that anyone who wants to become an American Citzen™ should be able to do so with little or no restrictions. Belly up to the bar, the bill is due April 15th.

My problem is with illegal immigration and the movement to appease them. They benefit from the state without having to pay into it. They are a burden on our social services. Now, keep in mind these are criminals, but some people want to give them drivers licences and college tuition. Not only is it unfair to native citizens but really unfair to those immigrants that have worked hard to earn their citizenship. It's also unfair to the illegals themselves who often face predators, both animal and human variety, just trying to cross the boarders.

It would seem our government isn't concerned with effective U.S. immigration law enforcement. A recent action by average citizens proves that it is possible to keep a tighter grip on our boarders if only the government would step up to the plate. Where was the ACLU during all of this? The once heralded protector of the common man? Out smoking pot.

Not that I have anything against the ACLU in particular. I'm just against communism in general. Roger Nash Baldwin, a founding member, was once quoted as saying,
"I seek the social ownership of property, the abolition of the propertied class and sole control by those who produce wealth. Communism is, of course, the goal."
While I applaud the organization in fighting for some of the biggest civil liberty cases in U.S. History, they are shoddily inconsistent and biased in their approach. The fact that they are in support of CAIR is alone cause for me to withdraw support.

... oh, and NAMBLA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home